The head of the U.S. Secret Service is defending security arrangements at last Saturday’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, saying he would not change a thing about the security plan, even as questions continue to swirl around the shooting and his leadership of the agency.

For two weeks before an intruder broke through security at the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in Washington, D.C., the Secret Service had been investigating a mystery shooting near the White House but had come up emptyhanded – to the frustration of both President Trump and top Department of Homeland Security officials – multiple Secret Service sources told RealClearPolitics.

The Secret Service agent who was in charge of developing and executing the failed security plan for the 2024 rally where President Trump was nearly killed has been suspended and is under internal agency investigation for allegedly improperly reporting her relationship with and eventual marriage to a foreign national, several sources told RealClearPolitics.

A federal judge has allowed most claims in a senior Secret Service agent’s lawsuit alleging a hostile workplace, retaliation, and discrimination to move forward despite Department of Homeland Security opposition, according to court documents. Â