A Lancaster County district judge declined to grant William Forbes a temporary injunction to force the Nebraska Democratic Party to replace U.S. Senate nominee Cindy Burbank after she dropped out of the race.
Mike Marvin, one of the candidates accused of being a “plant” for Dan Osborn, didn’t submit the paperwork to drop out of the Nebraska U.S. Senate race.
Some of the people who crowded into the Astro Theater on Thursday to hear registered nonpartisan U.S. Senate candidate Dan Osborn kick off his statewide tour said that while they may not agree with everything the former union leader says, they plan to support him in November because they like his “independence.”
Nebraska Democratic Party leaders called William Forbes a DINO – a Democrat in name only – while vowing to fight his lawsuit aiming to force them to find a replacement for former Democratic U.S. Senate nominee Cindy Burbank after she dropped out of the race.
Nebraska U.S Sen. Pete Ricketts’ reelection campaign raised $6.3 million from April through June, more than triple the amount raised by his opponent, registered nonpartisan candidate Dan Osborn. But, Osborn pointed out during an impromptu press conference last week, the majority of Ricketts’ money came from the candidate himself.
William Forbes, an anti-abortion pastor who lost the Nebraska Democratic U.S. Senate primary to Cindy Burbank, is suing the state Democratic Party to force it to find a replacement for her after she dropped out of the race last week.