(The Center Square) - The historic rainfall in central and south Texas that continues to cause significant flooding is worse this year than it was during the historic July 4 flood last year, Gov. Greg Abbott said.

The difference is that no one died this year in Kerrville and new emergency preparedness measures worked, including sirens and text alerts, he said Monday at a press conference discussing emergency response efforts.

Originally published on thecentersquare.com, part of the BLOX Digital Content Exchange.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.